Hey everyone! Thanks for sticking by me even though I have been unable to post anything in a while. I have arrived in Romania safe and sound, and I am now staying with my lovely grandparents, who I hadn't seen since last time I visited, which was 5 years ago. It is lovely to see them. I am still a bit jet-lagged, but I can manage. I really wanted to do a post on the make-up I brought with me, but it looks like that will have to wait since my laptop isn't able to connect to the internet (no router and the modem my grandparents use does not fit in any of the slots on the side of my Macbook). Thus, I am writing this on my grandfather's ancient computer that gives me "warning, you are using a pirated version of Windows" announcement every 10 minutes or so. Haha, I guess it'll do for now.
I am having a lovely time catching up with family so far, and I resisted the urges of airport shopping although a couple of Chanel blushes had me drooling in the duty free. I will be in Germany in two weeks and the friend I am visiting can get high end brands at a fantabulous discount so I "ordered" Rouge Volupte #7 (finally) and a back up of #1 from her... the rest I will have to see in person, but perhaps Chanel's Rose Bronze blush will finally be mine. Speaking of blushes, I only brought one with me... NARS Deep Throat, and so far so good. It really does fulfill all of my blush needs. Well, actually I have MAC's Earth to Earth with me too but that's more of a bronzy/contour colour.
Anyways, I am rambling. Just wanted to give you wonderful readers of mine a quick update of what I am up to! Take care everyone, and hope to post soon without any piracy warnings in the near future.
PS: I saw a gypsy today. I certainly did not miss them. haha
Wednesday, July 15, 2009
Here is a new black studded leather satchel by Tory Burch that reminded me of the Alexander Wang Coco duffel - you know, the one that came and went like the summer wind, since it's sold out everywhere I've checked haha. I like this Tory Burch bag much better than the others I've seen by her. No giant weird T logo all over the place. Pretty cool.
Now, I know that even the Alexander Wang Coco is apparently very similar to a particular Be&D bag from a few years back, but I don't remember the name of it. Just wanted to share my first spotting of what I call "The Coco Effect" which I'm expecting to show up in a lot more bags this upcoming fall season.
Ok. End of randomness!
So this past sunday we had great weather and a guest from overseas, so her and I met up with some friends on a patio late in the afternoon. This is what I wore on my face... and my body... haha.
*Note* This post also features two new products that were added to my arsenal over the past week: NARS Laguna bronzer and The Body Shop Yes Yes Yes lip butter. I love them both! Now on to the good stuff:
FACE: Chanel Pro Lumiere in 40 Beige intensity 2.0, MAC MSF Natural in Medium Dark, NARS Laguna bronzer, MAC Dollymix blush (very light-handed)
LIPS: MAC Hello Kitty tinted lip conditioner in Pink Fish, The Body Shop "Yes Yes Yes" lip butter on top (very nice effect!)
EYES: Estee Lauder DoubleWear cream eyeshadow in Silver Leaf, MAC Sketch lightly with a 224 brush in the crease, Lancome Le Stylo Waterproof eyeliner smudged with 219 brush into upper lashline, GOSH Bananas eyeliner on the waterline, L'Oreal Voluminous mascara in Carbon Black.
On to the clothes - simple and not too much fuss, the usual:
Bad cropping in order to protect the innocent from showing up on the internet... haha :)
I paired a periwinkle tank top with flower and lace detailing with a high-waisted sand coloured tulip skirt courtesy of my love, BCBGmaxazria. Brown flats from Aldo, a silver Tiffany beads bracelet (on the arm not pictured) and a brown & gold wristlet completed the ensemble. Ta da!
I am now off to waste some time online before bed - I've been sick all day so hopefully things get better for me tomorrow. I'd hate to be sick on vacation. Speaking of which, I will be doing a "what I'm taking with me" post in the next few days. I'm trying to narrow things down because I don't have room in my luggage for excessive amounts of cosmetics. I always tend to overpack in that department.
Have a great week, everyone. xo
PS: I saw Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince last night at midnight like a true nerd and I loved it - minus the parts they left out - but I've gotten used to that by now. The books are so giant it's impossible to fit everything in. It's just a bit disappointing every time because with intricate books like that, sometimes it's all about the small details that make it such an enjoyable read for me :)
Saturday, July 11, 2009
Happy saturday, everyone! Here's what's up and down for me today:
- the computers being down for about 4 hours at work, meaning no returns... hahaha
- a new season of Entourage is coming up
- new season of Big Brother just started
- Chuck & Blair are still together on Gossip Girl
- I watch too much TV
- having the day off tomorrow :)
- Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince. I can't even being to tell you how excited I am about this. One of my favourite books in the series (perhaps second-favourite, the favourite being Goblet of Fire). It's getting great reviews, has a new director and the trailers for it are amazing, I love it. The kid they got to play the young Tom Riddle is so scary!
- Italy, Germany and Romania in just over a week!!! I am so excited to get out of here.
- Mario Badescu drying mask. It sucks up the excess oils and makes my skin just right for Chanel Pro Lumiere after. Yay.
- way too hot and muggy out
- a giant fly is in my room and buzzing like crazy.
- the Alexander Wang Coco. I'm over it. Saving my money to travel instead ;)
- black furniture. I am sick of dusting my dresser daily.
Monday, July 6, 2009
I've been tagged by LIPARAZZI to do this fun little thing, so here it goes:
I'll try to think of the most exciting/strange facts I can remember haha...
Tell your readers 10 things about you that they may or may not know, but are true. Tag ten people and be sure to let them know they've been tagged (a quick comment on their blog will do). Don't forget to link back to the blogger who tagged you.
1) I used to think in German! I went to a german elementary school and I took german lessons ever since I was 3. Then I came to Canada when I was 13 and I focused so much on learning english, I forgot a lot of the german :(
2) I used to be obsessed with the band blink-182 in my teenage years.
3) I used to do gymnastics as a child, but I got kicked off the team because I was too impatient on the balance beam and I used to push girls off of it because they were walking in front of me too slow haha :/
4) I grew up in Sibiu, Romania.
5) I work in a hardware store. I've been there all throughout university as a part time job. It's pretty funny because I am the least hardware-savvy person ever.
6) During the boy band phase, I was on team BSB, not team NSYNC. Brian was my favourite, and then I switched to AJ, then he went all crazy and had to go to rehab, so I went back to liking Brian haha.
7) I am aspiring to work in pharmaceutical sales once I finish my master's, or perhaps research & development for a skincare company.
8) I cry at really random things - not during sad movies where most girls usually cry. I'm pretty sure I cried during that Ice Age movie. I don't even remember why. Oh, and I cried during Wall-E. I guess 3D characters get to me more than real people do.
9) The only chick flick I ever really liked was Serendipity. I hated all the other ones. Especially the ones with that Matthew Mcwhatever guy. I don't think he's attractive at all, sorry Matthew fans!
10) I think that men should wear suits as much as possible. I cannot even stress how attractive it is (to me at least) to see a man dressed well in a slim tailored suit. YUM! I don't like it when guys dress sloppy or wear baggy clothes.
Now since I've seen people do this tag a long time ago, I'm not sure who did it and who didn't, so I will leave this tag open to everyone. If you feel like this will be fun to do, go ahead and do it, I tagged you :)
Make sure to let me know you did it so I can read your facts as well!
Sunday, July 5, 2009
Good morning! The clouds that have been covering southwestern Ontario for the past week have finally parted, making room for some sunshine on my sunday off from work :)
So here I am, at my trusty Macbook's keyboard, blogging away...
On wednesday I went out to dinner for some fantastic peppercorn steak *drool*, and this is what I wore:
Sort of a mixture of casual & business, I suppose? Haha I'm bad at describing things. I just put on a loose pima cotton t-shirt, a pencil skirt with oversized pockets at the front, simple black heels, a gray/silver handbag and a chunky silver necklace that my lovely mother picked up for me from her trip to Niagara Falls.
Now as for the face...
Chanel Pro Lumiere foundation, MAC MSF Natural Medium Dark, Benefit Hoola bronzer, MAC Redhead MSF
MAC Bare Study paint pot, Estee Lauder Spiced Peach Quad (lightest shade), MAC Espresso, Benefit High Beam, Diorshow waterproof Mascara, Benefit eyeliner in "Saddle" (a dark brown)
Rimmel "East End Snob" lipliner, YSL Rouge Volupte #1, Dior Ultra-gloss in Linen Beige
As for perfume, I went for Valentino "V". I find that after using American Cream conditioner by Lush - which I really like - it leaves my hair smelling so nice and sweet, I have to make sure it doesn't clash with my perfume, so "V" ended up complementing the scent well.
Hope you all had a great weekend!
So since I have nothing better to do before I head off to bed on this lovely saturday evening, here is a really stupid idea, courtesy of Marc by Marc Jacobs:
No, you are not hallucinating. It's mouse flats. $220 mouse flats, to be exact.
Really, Marc Jacobs? You think that women who are able to afford shelling out over $200 for a pair of flats want MICE on their feet? Hey, I may be wrong, mice feet may just be the coolest thing out there, but chances are, it's not. No offense to the mouse lovers out there. Imagine walking with these by some cats... yikes.
Until next time. Hope all my wonderful American readers had a great 4th of July!
Saturday, July 4, 2009
I have the weekend off work (and it's cloudy and chilly out - go figure).
But there's no better time than to sit in bed and reading a light - in this case really light - book. Lauren Conrad's LA Candy. I was laughing to myself the whole time I was walking to the cash register in an "I can't believe I'm really buying this" kind of way. But whatever, the book has been purchased and I'm having fun reading it.
Now that I have that off of my chest, here are this week's In & Outs:
- Cetaphil Oily Skin Cleanser! I love it. Gentle and cleanses very well, I feel refreshed and my skin doesn't feel tight after washing, unlike that crappy grapefruit-scented Neutrogena cleanser I had before.
- my trip to Europe is getting closer... I leave July 21st :)
- shopping in the states with one of my favourite shopping partners in crime on thursday
- bulky layered silver necklaces
- YSL Rouge Volupte #1 with Dior Ultra-gloss in Linen Beige on top
- a giant package of Kinder chocolates purchased from Costco, to get me prepared and excited for my trip to Germany and the ridiculous amounts of candy (that is not available here) that I will stock up on... haha
- WINGED EYELINER. Blacktrack & angled liner brush by Quo = love
- the airline I'm flying to Europe with does not have AC power adaptors in its seats, so my plans for watching season 2 of Gossip Girl again can no longer be fulfilled :( I guess I can read The Hobbit for 7 hours?
- headaches. Ow.
- cloudy and windy for 4 days now. July my ass.
- rude men wearing plaid shirts, khaki shorts and flip flops in bars. *shudder*